The Luling-Hahnville Bank.

E arly Banking The Bank of Hahnville emerged in 1923. It would remain a presence in St. Charles Parish into the twenty-first century. It would hold several different names during
the passing years and exist in several locations.



This advertisement appeared in the July 28, 1923 of the St. Charles Herald.


1923 — Bank of Hahnville

1925 — Luling-Hahnville Bank

1939 — Luling-Hahnville

Norco Branch

1955 — Bank of St. Charles

and Trust

1989 — First American Bank

and Trust Company. (First American was chartered as the Bank of Vacherie in 1910 and assumed its current name in 1978.)


   The Luling-Hahnville Bank was established to “meet the needs of industrial and agricultural St. Charles.” The original bank building stands across from the courthouse in Hahnville and is the site of a law firm.

This advertisement appeared frequently in the St. Charles Herald during the early 1920s. On September 24, 1923 this bank (Bank of St. Charles) was closed due to the deteriorating economy.



< < Prev Next > >





 Related Entries



Evolution of the Courthouse
The courthouse undergoes an expansion in 1921...The courthouse is demolished in…

> > Related Entries







Copyright © This text is copyright material by Marilyn Richoux, Joan Becnel and Suzanne Friloux, from St. Charles Parish, Louisiana: A Pictorial History, 2010.